Spiritual Formation Event Calendar
September “Save the Dates”
September 3, 2021 – Welcome Back Cook-Out for grads and faculty at the Rivendell House. 5:30–8 pm
September 9, 2021 – Spiritual Formation: Grad Panel “Keeping Faith First at Yale.” 7 pm
September 17, 2021 – Spiritual Formation: “Christian Identity: Being and Becoming.” 7 pm
September 25, 2021 – All Graduate Fellowship Retreat at Killam’s Point, Branford. 10–2 pm
Summer Outing Ideas
- Lighthouse Point, New Haven
- Branford Point, Branford
- Hammonasett State Park
- Misquamicut State Beach, Rhode Island. (This beach has waves!)
- East Rock Park, New Haven
- Sleeping Giant Park, Hamden
- Other trails in Branford (Click to view)
- Mystic, CT, has Mystic Seaport (a historical maritime park…a bit pricey but worth it), the Mystic Aquarium, and lots of restaurants for hungry tourists. 1 hour drive.
- Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, Mass. A village from the 1800s with original structures and folks in costume. 1 hour drive.
- Newport, Rhode Island. Known for its Guilded Age mansions, which can be toured for a fee (e.g. “The Breakers” building by the Vanderbilts), and a fabulous cliff walk (free!). A popular tourist destination. 2 hour drive.